Sunday, March 15, 2009

Georgia on my Mind

We are so excited to be having a girl - at least 95% excited. Next week (03.24) we will get a confirmation through an ultrasound. Last Tuesday she was so balled up that we could see anything but her knees in her chin.

We've been busy finalizing a name (or I have). The girl was my territory per se while Josh had full reign on the boys name...I love the name Georgia and the artist Georgia O'Keeffe. Also, George is "the south" where Josh is from, although he is from SC. So we are set with Georgia with a nickname of GG

G.A.G - if I had it the way I really want it (Georgia Adaline Gibson) - this would be her initials. Adaline is in my family and part of our Cajun heritage - however the initial spelling is Unfortunate.

So our next decision was to go with a very pretty name Grace. G.G.G. > That's a lot of G's, but there's a lot of G's. Grace has made the jackpot for little girls. I can name 5 babies with this name (first or middle) that have been born in the past year. Very well deserved. It is a gorgeous name and is a family name on both sides of our family. Other names I'm playing with is Kate, Katelyn, Caroline and Leigh.

I could either forget the Initial spelling or that Grace is the most popular name out there and go with one of those two - Glad I have a few months to ponder.

So I'm tossing this out to get your votes as well - and suggestions :) I figured it would be fun...

Georgia Adaline Gibson
Georgia Caroline Gibson
Georgia Kate Gibson
Georgia Leigh Gibson
Georgia Katelyn Gibson
Georgia Grace Gibson

4 comments:

Alison said...

The first two are my favorite. I'm just dreading naming another child - I wish they came out with their name already on them!!

Alison said...

Oh, and Georgia is my grandmother's name. Any chance you might ever move to GA? The reason I ask is because my friend named her dog "Bama" thinking she would never ever move to Alabama. Guess where she lives - it's too funny.

The Canada's said...

My favorite is Georgia Adaline. They are all beautiful names though!

-Lindsey

Joy said...

Oh gosh, I can't pick! I love all those combinations!!