Thursday, December 4, 2008

Farewell Colleen and Miss Libby

Its a good thing I bought three huge jumbo packs of kleenex. Today has been one of my hardest days. I've had to say goodbye to one of my best friends Colleen. Who I just met earlier this year.


Colleen and I met in an exercise class and later connected together to walk every morning. We became fast friends and would soon be calling and chatting on the phone to meet up for a second time in the same day.

There are many similarities between us - Blondes with fair skin that should be illegal, we both were recovering from c-sections, our children were born 11 days before our own birthday's, the same quick wit, sarcastic humor and nerd husbands...The list goes on.

Colleen made the first year of parenting a breeze for me. And some days - just looking forward to one more day at home. When you are a stay-at-home without daycare or mother's day out, its easy to dream about how it could be without having to entertain a little one after say - the first 30 minutes have lapsed and you are out of ideas.

I do have a few girls around in the community that have children the same age as Jude - but none with the connection of Colleen. We were fast friends from the first mile we walked

My quick 2 minute drive - that is an easy walk - turned into an 18 hour road trip. I hope sometime in the future we could live close again. It will be years away as Josh and I will be making our journey to new places the following year. We've probably tracked close to 100 miles together since we've met. Each hour seemed like 10 minutes. My next walk will feel like I've hiked 100 miles without Colleen by my side to talk about the days happenings.

Much Love and Best Wishes to Colleen, Libby and Brian. We miss you!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Did I read that right that you all are moving next year? Where to? Exciting!

Holly Gibson said...

Penn State and Princeton - Maybe. They are both still in the works. Definitely Princeton, NJ within 2 years. :) We're excited too