The biggest news is Jude is about to be the BIG one - similar to my much anticipation to the BIG 30 which lacked luster as I slept through it thanks to Jude coming a little late :)
Below are the Then and Now photos of the boy...
I mention "Word of the Year" because Josh and I forgot what our goal word for 2008 was.
Every December we pick out a new word for the upcoming year and talk about what that means and what we expect.
The previous year, 2007, was "Intention". And boy, did we live up to that one. Savings, House, Church we really enjoyed, Small Groups, travel, dates with friends, parties, connecting, releasing strongholds, becoming better "me's" for the other person. We still look back on that year and feel empowered by how much we accomplished with setting goals based around one word.
Last night we finally remembered "survival" was for 2008. Obviously not very high expectations of what new parents could do. But we knew that we didn't know what was coming, and we knew we could survive - and knowing each other, it was going to happen with a fight.
Back to Survive - we did. Unexpected Delivery recovery, Quiting a job I held for years, One-income family, ever increasing gas prices, 401k debacle, surviving each other as we learn to be the best parents we can, being a stay at home mom (easier for some than others), investing in a start-up business attached to the full-time wife and mom, the hurricane, and Josh's Advance Project.
We are still exhausted - I don't think we will really ever clear that feeling as long as we have kids in our lives. :) That's ok. We are excited about our own reward - making it to December 05, 08! Jude's party (which is for us) will be on Saturday. Josh and I will be the biggest party-goers I'm sure. And Jude has of course hit as many mile-stones as his parents.

It will be a small affair - and thanks to December people will have to choose what parties to attend. Josh and I have already declined 4 for this same time and day. I thought mid-Decembers were rough.. :)
We are so proud of our muscle-man. He is very talkative, energetic, comical, abnormally strong, and just darn cute. We did hope he would be interested in physics by now-but we will give him a little more time. We already notice a little rebel in him. He doesn't conform to boundaries - but is a very good and happy little guy.
And if you wanted to know - 2009 is "Consistency". We challenge you guys to find a word that will remind you to achieve your set goals for the upcoming year and report back to us next December on what you have achieved...
1 comment:
WOW! Where has this year gone?!?!
So funny that you are having Jude's birthday party on the 6th. Levi has THREE birthday parties in a row that day. Who knew so many kids were born this time of year.
Word for the year 2009...hmmm...on a whim I'm going to say "relax". The past 13 months with two has been a challenge and Kara is now getting old enough to where we can just enjoy the two kids and have fun. We'll see how that goes!
Post a Comment