This is a song that GrandCarol wrote for our boy (and us). Thanks GrandCarol and we are speechless (if you can imagine)
I was singing to my grandchild
Such a happy 8 month boy.
To rock him on my lap and sing
was bringing me such joy.
As I whispered words that I had sung
to all my family,
chorus
He looked at me with baby eyes
and then I heard a soft reply
This child of my child realized
the language music brings
And as I sang a lullaby,
He looked at me with baby eyes
and then I heard his soft reply
He was singing back to me.
There were no words in his sweet song
There didn't need to be.
I sang, and he just hummed along
In baby poetry.
Chorus
He looked at me with baby eyes
and then I heard a soft reply
this child of my child recognized
the language music brings.
And as I sang a lullaby
He looked at me with baby eyes
and then I heard his soft reply,
He was singing back to me.
GrandCarol
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That Carol, so sweet!
Post a Comment