Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Grunt You










Dad left early this morning to head to Boston. It was an eventful morning. I woke up to Josh making a lot of noise and commotion. Once I came to, I noticed is was bright outside and it could only mean one thing - Josh missed his flight. I found him in the garage and asked if I needed to start making calls and he just gave me a blank stare, got in the car and drove off. I half wondered if I was dreaming.

His flight was at 7:15 am and I think he woke up at 6:00 am. Five minutes later, I received a phone call with "what happened" conversation. I got in touch with Continental, Josh continued to make the 1 hour drive to the airport - and Jude up from the happenings as well sat in his crib quietly.

So twenty minutes and $50 later - Josh was able to get on the next flight out with an exit row and no passenger in front of him so he could stretch his legs. Josh is more than likely taking advantage of that and snoring the flight away...He will be an hour late, but Boston bumped his meeting an hour later as well. God blessed him Big Time.

Jude and I are comfy at home watching Dad's route, playing while mom designs and errands - hopefully more design and cleaning later tonight.

So these clips are for you Dad - we love you and will miss you. Good luck with your talk. But we really know that its tough competition with MIT outside your hotel window while you sport your nerd shirt. Don't try to pull any Good Willing Hunting tricks out there..

2 comments:

Alison said...

Garet left today too...if only we lived closer, we could hang out. Thankfully, we only live about 10 minutes away from the airport which helps when you have a 6 AM flight. I was a little groggy when Garet rolled out at 4:30 AM!

Holly Gibson said...

ahhh, yes - that's when Josh should have rolled out. Awful time. Here's to my first biz trip with the kid and no breaks :(