Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No. 1 Mom

On Mother's Day, Josh informed me he had a gift, but it wasn't ready. He then preceded to tell me that it was a plaque. Honestly, my heart stopped. As you could see where my thoughts were going. Wooden Block with black/bronze engraved momento. And why a plaque? 

How was I going to fake my surprise when I opened it??...Josh could see my thoughts running wild. He then tried to explain that Maya Angelou (my favorite poet/author) was on it and it was to honor me surviving 6 months of taking care of Jude and starting a business.  (No, Jude's not 6mths quite yet). He then explained how I love titles and recognition and how perfect it would to receive a plaque for all my unnoticed work. That's when my heart sank lower - I now have a statue of my weakness/sin - how embarrassing for me. How ashamed I felt.

So while Josh continued to describe my plaque I tried to gather an open mind. Weakness are strengths as well. People can be recognized and I don't have an issue with titles any more. 

So, Afterall, I could treasure the plaque for the rest of my life and could display it beautifully in my house (these at first were not positive thoughts)

Thursday came and past, the plaque was still not ready, but I was getting more excited to see this plaque. And thankfully, a better attitude. Its hard to tell and share with others about the plaque. You do have to see it for yourself. And it is proudly displayed in our home. I love his thoughtfulness and originality on this. So, job well done Dad!

The verbage is:

It's the fire in your eyes,
And the flash of your teeth,
The swing in your waist,
And the joy in your feet.
A woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman
To you
wife, mother, and entrepreneur
I love you





Disregard my fingerprints :) I've been carrying it around with me with pride - turns out I still like awards. :)

No comments: