This is a very old post that never got documented, but that's ok - the story lives on. It still is the "talk of the town" to our two-year old and most events are somehow linked to this one day and the infamous cake that carries on.
So for starters - Jude and I went shopping for his birthday cake. Since I'm a cool mom (thank you very much), I let him choose. And he did a great job, because it was tough and I'm glad I wasn't the one that had to pick between bugs, tractors, sharks, race cars and motorcycles.

Jude picked a motorcycle cake and we talked about the cake for the weeks to pass. He was excited about it and did an excellent job waiting patiently and had the ability to recall, discuss it and not have a tantrum over it.
So the day began.....December 5th was upon us (Happy Birthday to you too MawMaw)

This is what Josh and I looked like before we had children, Cute, together and well slept - just joking. These are our wonderful DINK** neighbors - Brian and Betsy. They made pancakes that morning and had the great idea to come over and let Jude blow out his first candle. Jude's parents - well, we were still applying toothpicks to our eyelids and making pancakes as well - just not as fast as these guys. We also had to scramble around and find pants. It's true, we most often are walking around in what we consider comfortable attire - so please, by all means, call before you knock on our door. :) ** DINK stands for Dual Income No Kids** those were great years.

Not to fool you or the neighbors, this is what that super cute kid actually looked like at first waking and it took his tired folk one hour to get him to that precious sweet face that everyone else gets to enjoy (including us)
So fast forward to just last week - Jude decided to recall this event at 5:30am. JUDE:"Brian Betsy go knock knock eat motorcycle cake...." I should have the smart sense to walk him next door to share that with them at 5:35am. It was cute, he was serious and it was too early.

Jude loves helping his momma cook - we are making Queso

This is one of Jude's sweet playmates that lives next door - Avery Grace

This spells Trouble. This is not Jude's room, that door should be open and the eldest is leading the pack. By the end of the day we found Jude and Asher sitting in Georgias crib. To Asher's credit - the bed used to be his, but he loaned it to us because he's a big boy now.

Happy Birthday to Jude. Lots of party goers

Look Jude, here's your Motorcycle Cake you picked out. That is two candles - a Lightening McQueen Candle and the number 2. Both were a necessity and I learned my lesson to not walk down the cake isle anymore.


Happy Parents and Happy Birthday to the sweetest boy in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment