Jude can actually crack his head open and cry for a short 2 minutes. But on this day, the light crying went without ceasing - unless you held him. He refused to place his foot on the floor and required being held constantly. By next morning, Josh and my mom went to the ER while I stayed at home to care for 5 day old Georgia and myself.
This seemed like a good divide-and-conquer plan - afterall, Josh would need the most help with Jude. I quickly discovered my house was larger than my hospital room and Georgia was a lot of maintenance when no one was there to help.
Jude returned home with a splint and diagnosis of a toddler's fracture. He needed a cast set for 3-4weeks of time.
The first week of Georgia's life at home was hectic. Josh was on duty to care for the family and that quickly turned into taking care of Jude - who wouldn't let Josh out of his sight.
Thankfully, my recovery was going better than we thought it would, and I was able to help somewhat around the house - this quickly become my demise by the next week.
The second week we got relief from my mom and Josh get the privilege to escape everyday, only to be pounded by demands as soon as he arrived home. I got a chance to sit back a little, however - we all began to realize there were two infants in this house, and one had strong opinions and weights close to 30lbs.
He has been a marvelous trooper though. Today, he can run and jump on his own. The underlying blessing of the cast was slowing him down, but that has phased out (at least for recovering mom). Jude is back to sprinting. He jumps onto our bed and tousles around waving his cast like a 40lb iron ball.
Next week - which was conveniently planned to have me try a stab at running the house will look differently than what we would have ever expected. Our week will be filled with as much activities as mom can work through and each day we have fun play dates scheduled to entertain Jude. I have reserved my most potent pain medications just for this week - as I'm sure that they will come in handy. The house will be a mess and we will be blessed by our church with home cooked meals...
October, Jude will have his cast removed and hopefully, life will be back to normal. I just hope he hasn't reserved too much pent up energy to do a repeat.
2 comments:
Poor little guy! I couldn't imagine having to deal with a broken leg too!! Hang in there girl!
I couldn't imagine that either!
-Lindsey
Post a Comment