Sunday, September 13, 2009

Georgia Peach



Our little girl is finally here. Actually she's been here for close to two weeks.

On Tuesdsay, Sept. 1st, Josh and I headed to the hospital at 5:30 am to get prepped for surgery. By 7:30 I walked into the OR and waited while the docs where setting the room. Josh came in later to sit beside me and by 8:07 am, Georgia joined us on this side of the world.

She had very strong lungs and was as alert as a 2month old. And we are excited to report that she scored a 9.9 on her Apgar test.

Georgia was born at 8lbs and 9oz, measuring 20 inches in length. Typical pregnancies last til 40 weeks. We schedule Georgia to arrive at 39 weeks to ensure I would not go in labor and to have her enrolled in school right on time :). But it appears that she might have been 38 weeks - either way, we were glad she came when she did.

It seems that delivering babies changes so much over the course of a year. We were allowed to have Georgia from the moment she was born. She never left our sight. They even gave her first bath in our room. And, I was given the go-ahead to drive after a week, while I had to wait 6 weeks with Jude. Pain medication was given upon request, not on a schedule - this was a cruel discovery while I waited for the drugs to show up.

Recovery has been far easier this time. It does seem that labor takes a great deal from you, add surgery on top of that in your in for a long road of recovering. In Georgia's case, I was up and walking on her birthday and quite more alert myself. Pain, although not absent, has been minimal compared to my first - which is a blessing.

Life around the house has been hectic. Poor big brother broke his leg the day after we came home from the hospital. We than began taking care of two infants. Jude love's his sister at the moment - but does refer to her as momma baby. Sometimes he will call her Georgia.

Georgia sleeps most of the time and feeds well - we are excited to see her blossom into the young lady that she is.

Will have more picts to post soon - once I find my camera.

No comments: