Twice a month I get paid in non-conventional means. Twice a month I salivate over the incoming contents due inside my small mailbox. Twice a month I get an allotment of moments that I can budget out for the next weeks until the next parcel arrives. Its my chance to sit back, unwind and soak in a few topics of conversation that I can share with Josh that do not include the color or consistency of poo.
They advertise products that I will never see outside the walls of it's cover. They interview celebrities that we want to know about. A book filled with tidbits of facts, analysis and stories of those that have made it big time. This payment is so lucrative - I spend my saved up conversations like an emotional buyer at the Galleria. I can't wait to get the news out in fear that my brain will shut down.
It has been off limits to Josh. I'm supposed to sum up the juicy tales of the rich or made-it-big companies and share what I learn over dinner or just before we fall to sleep. But the information is so deliciously sweet that Josh skips the middle woman and reads it for himself.
If Josh had to choose between a French pastry, Ribs, Steak, a new issue of Fortune, Jude or his wife he would spontaneously explode. Actually, it wouldn't be spontaneous. That's like saying I would be surprised and unaware of the outcome in said situation. I know the outcome, and in fact spend most of my time making sure he doesn't have to make such decisions in fear of that reason. I digress...
Twice I month I get paid in Fortune Magazines. Folks, thats 24 Glorious issues.
This week's cover model- Warren Buffet. Before that, Target, Steve Jobs (founder of Apple), Top Women CEOs, 100 Best companies to work for, the list goes on. Josh and I actually get girl crazy over this magazine that we squeal with delight when it arrives. Yes, you read right, Josh too. If you know him it makes sense and no one questions because of the sheer size of him. This issue (buffet) has been so tempting, that Josh has already threatened me if I don't read it. As if Buffet is actually taunting him.
So, I'm off the clock and about to go swing back in my La-Z-Boy, grab some hot cocoa and read about Warren and listen to Josh whimper in the background while he places Jude to bed and tortures himself on what I might learn before him. heehhehehee...
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment