Monday, July 13, 2009

Count Dracula

Recently I've felt like I've needed to count everything....How many weeks left, how many possible pounds left to gain, how many times can Jude ask "this?", how many times can one possibly use the restroom in one day, how many times can Jude ask about Elmo or where's daddy, how HOT can this place be...

To say the least, there is much anticipation in the household and many blessings to count. We have just a few short weeks left 'til Georgia's arrival (6 to be exact - which is also the pounds left to gain). Jude is continuing to be his happy self. Learning, exploring and becoming the cute and funny man that he is. He likes to help a lot these days - making coffee, throwing things away, putting things away, letting you know when there is a choo choo, bus, tractor, alligator, bunny, giraffe, duck, bike, turtle, bee bug, butterfly, bug, frog, mower, pool, wall, door, bush, airplane, worm, fan, lights on or off, books, ba ba, daddy or clouds near by. Not sure how I handle when he's really supposed to talk. He's amazing at his signs, which again help when he decides to change milk to bilk or fan to pane — the signs act as a back-up device when he can speak the word.

If he's next to a trash can and you ask him to toss something into it, he has to run around our island to come back to the trash for completion. Reminds me of my beloved cat chester who had to circle the couch before he could exit the back door.

Josh has officially been named as a Nuclear Physicist and is no longer considered a Mechanical Engineer. His switch happened on July 1st and he's busy making the transition to another deparment. He's also finishing up a basket-ball tourney with his work after hours. Hopefully I will get some shots today.

I'm trying to control the amount of work that is coming in and the many things left to do before Georgia arrives. My work has soared in the past few months and I've come to the place to decline projects. This extra cash has been a huge blessing to us, especially with the economy.

Georgia has been busy growing, moving, kicking. Thanks to her older brother, she has the perfect environment to move and elbow as she wishes. This pregnancy has been a cake walk compared to Jude's and are truly thankful for that. Although I do complain a lot about having to go to the bathroom and random pain and discomfort from time to time. And back to how HOT can it get outside. I'm sure Hell can officially be called a season. We are in desperate need of rain or even just clouds. The pregnancy has amplified the temperatures of course and summer can't end soon enough.

Hope to get more picts up soon - however, not to be surprised if you don't see anything until 8 weeks from now:)

2 comments:

Joy said...

How CUTE!!! I love the new header! And glad that this pregnancy is a little easier than last time!

Lindsey said...

Wow only 6 weeks left! I bet that Houston heat is getting to you. Although glad it is an easier pregnancy!

Jude is talking a lot it sounds like!