For the digital goers I've added our Christmas mailings and those that don't follow the world wide web, they will be getting a nice surprise in the mail - after the fact I'm sure.
Merry Christmas. Rejoice! Our Savior is born.


In case you can't open the file above:
Ever wonder what Mary's work load was like in her first year of parenting? After all, she had no disposable diapers (I know some of you are saying we didn't either!), a washing machine, dishwasher, pre-made baby food, toys that move on their own, modern medicine or a camera to capture all the first moments. Not to forget books about rearing children like "Happiest Baby in the Village" or any need to child proof her home. Thinking about it, I'm sure Jesus ate a lot of dirt as a youngster...
Yet, parenting is still exhaustingly wonderful with all those conveniences we are afforded. This year has flown by fast—As the saying goes, “The days are long and the years are short”.
2008 was such a fun year for us with Jude. And we have just a quick peek of the highlights we’ve shared together as a family of three.
Our travel this year looked different with Jude. Most was inside Texas. Our biggest adventure was to visit our family in South Carolina. Jude was just 3 months of age. He handled it well, and we survived some things that are better left out of this letter. In May, we took our first road trip to San Antonio to meet up with some of Josh’s Auburn Cronies and a few months later to a cabin in the Hill Country to relax. Each came with new learning experiences as Jude became older. This Christmas we will be heading back up to South Carolina to visit for a week. During that visit, Josh and I are heading to Biltmore Estates while Jude has some one-on-one time with his grand parents.
Josh has finished his 3rd year at Schlumberger. He has taken a few classes in Nuclear Technology with Penn State and is mapping his career in that direction. This shift in expertise might move our location up north later in the future. We are very excited about that and the great progress he has made in the short amount of time he's been an employee. He loves his new role as ‘dada’ and has passed every bit of his energy to T-Josh (Cajun-ese for “Little Josh”).
Jude has stretched from 9lb 4oz/20.25” to 22lbs 6oz and 30 inches in length. This has afforded him the opportunity to swiftly open doors and his safety gate. Jude's personality is beginning to bud and it’s fun to watch him bloom into a little person each day. He's been a chatter box since he could first muster a sound. His favorite things are to say "duh" or "dubba-dubba", "momma" and "dada”. We think "duh" is a question like "why?" because it became his response to our “No!”. He enjoys spinning himself in circles, seated or while crawling, and rolling wheels. He crawls at the speed of light and is due to run any day now. He knows what he likes and what he doesn't. He's often on the go, inquisitive and comical. His mother decided that he will be a inspiring leader one day as thinks outside the box and isn't much for conformity.
I have become a Stay-at-Home Mom. I know that I am blessed by the opportunity to do so and thankful that I had enough courage to answer that call. God spent all of 2007 preparing me for this role and opening my mind to new adventures. It’s the best job I could have, and I enjoy learning more and more about what it means to be a wife and mother.
Josh encouraged me to start my own business as well. Imaginuitive became official in May and I have been busy ever since. My joy is to work for non-profit organizations, specifically focusing on gala events. What has turned into a second part-time job is updating our blogs monthly. Check us out at http://gibsongroupies.blogspot.com and keep up to date with my company at http://imaginuitive.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment