Monday, September 15, 2008

Living it Up

Josh and I could handle about 2 1/2 days of no electricity. After a while, it does get old. Turns out, our house is very well insulated. Last night, we felt the major brunt of the heat.

I mentioned earlier that Josh and I prayed over our house before the storm and blessed it with Holy water from my parents trip to Israel. Although we know perfectly well that the water is nothing without Christ, we did offer it back to Him knowing He is our provider and will give and take away as He sees fit to His glory.

God gladly answered all three specific requests we lifted up to him. The most humorous is to see our two oranges standing firm against a fallen 6 foot fence. And the most amazing, we didn't hear the storm in comparison to what others heard. We were in the master closet that resides in our all tile and glass bathroom - and part of our loss was around this area. We slept until 3am when we received a call (telling us that our fence was about to fall)...we quickly fell back to sleep and woke around 7am.

Praise be to God and continue to pray for those that did not come out as clean as we did.

I do want to mention, that the damage you see is more than likely less than a Hurricane 1 by the time it hit our side of town - I don't see it being a 2 as far inland as we are. Don't want to imagine what a higher grade would present us with.

We are currently in Austin at a hotel - as Josh is giving a talk tomorrow to some physics folks at UT. Jude and I will toodle around town and enjoy the weather and electricity! I believe our area is still without power.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you all fared. You must post a picture of you all eating oranges :)!

Joy said...

So glad to see all your posts -- we've been thinking about you! Just in case you wanted a place with electricity, hot water, air conditioning, etc -- you are welcome here -- we would love to see you!!!

When those oranges are picked -- PLEASE take pictures! :)